Sunday, June 29, 2008

More Pictures and an Update

These are a few pics from when I was in the city with my sister. She took these while she was under and overhang and I was standing in the rain under my umbrella waiting for it to stop raining so we could walk another block before it would start again! This rain is not like anything in California...it rained so hard for a long time and the lighting was BIG and the thunder was LOUD!! And it was still like 85 degrees outside, but it was alot of fun!




At least we were on Fifth Avenue trying to see cool stuff, it was just raining to hard to get anywhere :(


I haven't written in awhile. I have been very busy with the kids. Working basically 7-7 Monday thru Friday and getting the weekends off. The kids are great and a lot of fun, they just take alot of time and energy. If I can do this (basically being the mom) with kids that are not my own, I now know that I can handle having kids myself...not that I have ever had any doubts!! :)

We have gotten to know the area pretty well. We have found all the fun parks, the grocery stores, the doctor (we already had to take little Tristan to the doctor, he had Roseola AKA German measles, and Sebastien had to get a nut allergy panel done...he is allergic to peanuts, cashews and pistachios). They have met a few neighbor friends already and are starting to feel like this is home. I have had a blast being in a new place and learning what its like to live on the east coast, and starting to understand some of the stories my Dad tells me about how it was growing up "back east".


Amelie starts camp tomorrow full time monday-friday and the boys start on tuesday half days tuesday-thursday. So the schedlue will get a little bit easier. Tuesday-Thursday I will get 8-12am off, after I get them out the door and before they need to be picked up, still working full time monday and friday. It should be a little bit easier on me for the last 2 weeks that I am here.

This weekend I am going up to Connecticut to visit my dads best friend Bobby McGinnis. They grew up together since they were 6 months old so he is going to show me where my father grew up and where they went to school and some other land marks that I have always heard my dad talk about, but have never gotten to see. I am looking forward to it very much, and it will be fun to get away for a few days. I hope to see some good fireworks on the fourth and I will definitely enjoy having ice cream at the famous Friendly's!!!

As of tonight I am scheduled to come home July 15th and I can't wait to see everyone. I miss you all and hope everything is going well back in California. Everyone that is in town should go to the fair and enjoy it for me, this is the first summer of my life that I don't get to go to the Del Mar fair. Eat lots of food for me!! I love you and will try to write again soon!!!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Well, how come your Dad and I had to visit Kyle's blog to learn that you have a blog == lots of pictures and stories?

We wish you lots of fun and excitement this long holiday weekend in Connecticut with the extended McGinnis family. Have a great, great weekend. We can't wait to see more pictures and stories.

We love you and miss you more,

Hugs and Kisses our sweet, beautiful daughter,

Mom and Dad