Monday, July 7, 2008

Connecticut

This past weekend I took the train about 3 hours north to visit my Dad's best friend, Bobby McGinnis, who still lives in Connecticut. I have never been to the east coast, which means I had never seen where my Dad grew up. Bobby gave me the tour of their old neighborhood and all the places they used to like to go. I had so much fun and now I know where all the places are that I've always heard about!

The house my Dad grew up in, 36 School Street, East Hartford, Connecticut

My Dad's house again

Bobby McGinnis' (his best friend) house right next door, 30 School St

This used to be the elementary school, right across the street from his house, now it is the Department of Safety building.

This is where they went to middle school, they were the first class when it opened up!

This is where my Dad grew up, everything was on these two streets!

This used to be the Fire Station, still has the original clock tower, but it is unoccupied now.

The Library right next to his house, its still the library!

This place used to be called Jolly's, it was a favorite bar of my Grandpa Joe's.
And this place used to be called Wishy's, my Grandpas other hang out!

East Hartford Golf Course where my Dad learned to play golf!

My Dads high school, which is now the middle school.

A waterfall that is part of a river they used to play in.

Black raspberry sundae at Friendly's!!

Connecticut River, we watched the fireworks here. They set them off of huge boats in the middle of the river!!

I will be home in a week!! And then I move into my new apartment on August 1st, so I will be wanting to spend as much time with people in Poway as possible!! I miss everyone and hope all is going well. Love you all and I will write again soon!!!


No comments: